OUCARES at Oakland University is hosting a two-session workshop for parents of children with autism between the ages of 2 and 10 at OUCARES Medows in Rochester Hills, Michigan next month.
Conference Dates: April 13 & 27, 2013
Conference Location: OUCARES Medows 1435 W. Auburn Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Conference Speakers: Presented by Dwayne Wessel (Ph.D. candidate)
- Dwayne has delivered presentation on Autism in Canada and the United States for over 10 years. He has also been a teacher consultant for people with Autism. Currently he is teaching classes in the Masters of Education Autism Endorsement at Oakland University and has taught university classes specific to consultation, behavior, developmental disabilities and Autism overviews. You may have seen Dwayne in an episode of ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition when he consulted with the cast to help redesign a house in Michigan for a person with Autism.
Session 1: Saturday April 13, 2013 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Autism Essentials – What is autism and how does it affect my child?
- Communication Supports – What supports are available and appropriate
Session 2: Saturday April 27, 2013 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Independence Planning – How to help increase independence skills
- Behavior Strategies – Steps for addressing behavior issues
Program Cost: $90 per person NEW REDUCED PRICE!
Contact Phone Number: (248) 808-1312
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Conference Website: http://www.oakland.edu/oucaresstore
Can’t attend this conference? Find a 2013 autism conference in your area.