Yet another 2013 autism conference added to my growing database. The 7th Annual “All Ages & Abilities” Autism/Asperger’s Conference, an Autism Conferences of America event, will be held on March 9 – 10, 2013 in Huntington Beach, California.
This year’s keynote speakers are: Rick Clemens, MA – Accredited Special Education Teacher, Inclusion, Behavioral and Socialization Specialist; and Doreen Granpeesheh, PhD, BCBA-D – Renowned Autism and Behavioral Analysis Expert.
In addition parents, professionals, and community members will have an opportunity to hear from many other great local and national speakers with diverse backgrounds on timely topics and practical strategies to help your child/student/client with Autism.
Breakout sessions will be held in four tracks, two tracks on March 9 and two different tracks on March 10.
- Curriculum Accommodation with Rick Clemens, MA
- Implementing Visual Supports
- Supporting Students with ASD
- Social Skills in Middle School
- Including Autism in the Community
- Get Safe
- Creating a Supportive & Effective Team
- Individualized Intensive Therapy
- Dealing with Autism as a Family
- Teaching & Practicing Life Skills
- Social Networking
- Using Toastmasters to Develop Social and Communication Skills
- Relationship Development Intervention – RDI
- Use Statements Not Questions
- Teen/Adult Track – Hear from the Real Experts!
- Latest Research on Medical/Nutritional Treatments for Autism
- Sensory Intervention Using Colored filters
- Therapeutic Success Using QEEG
- Take the Icky Out of Picky Eating
- Camel Milk Therapy
In addition to the four tracks, two special lunchtime sessions will be held:
- March 9 – Special Needs Trust
- March 10 – Moms Lunchtime Discussion
Registration is now open and early bird registration is active for registrations received and paid for by February 25, 2013. For more information download the conference brochure (PDF) or email Autism Conferences of America at autismconferncesgmailcom.
Photo: Visual Sensory/Flickr