I came across a gem of a website when researching 2011 autism summer camps today – Blue Compass Camps. According to the company’s website:
Blue Compass is a summer camp based out of Seattle, Washington for kids and teens ages 7-18 with Asperger’s, High-Functioning Autism, and ADHD who can benefit from outdoor adventures focused on building social and self confidence.
- NW Expedition – Backpacking, sailing, sea kayaking and whitewater rafting – 15 day camp for children ages 13-18 – $3875 tuition
- Sea Kayaking – Sea kayaking in the San Juan Islands – 7 day camp for children ages 13-18 – $1685 tuition
- 7-Day Backpacking and Whitewater Rafting - 7 day camp for children ages 13-18 – $1685 tuition
- 2-Day Backpacking for children ages 13-18 – $350 tuition
- Treasure Island – 3 day Treasure hunt and camping for children 10-12 – $525 tuition
- Farm Camp – Working & playing on a farm and camping for children ages 13-18 – 5 day camp is $875
- The Lemonade Company – Day Camp Activities including swimming, arts & crafts and playing at the beach – children ages 7-9 – $525 for a 5 day session
There are multiple dates available for most of the camps and scholarships are available. Please visit the Blue Compass Camps website or call 866-683-6262 for more information.
My Aspie is an outdoors lover (as long as there are no bees around!) and I wish he were ready to go to a camp like this. He’s not there yet but maybe in a few years.