If you’re the parent of a child with special needs, whether those needs be developmental, medical or emotional, and you live in the Greensboro, North Carolina area then check out the Wrightslaw Special Education Law and Advocacy Training coming your way.
Wrightslaw is one of the best sources about IDEA 2004, IEPs, extended school years and more for parents. Understanding your rights, and your child’s rights, will help you get the most out of the school.
Conference Date: April 7, 2011
Conference Venue: Westover Church 505 Chapel Road
Speakers: Pete Wright
- Section 1400 Findings, Purpose
- Section 1401 Definitions: Special Education, Related Services, LD, etc.
- Section 1412 Extended School Year, Child Find, Least Restrictive Environment/Mainstreaming/Inclusion, Private Placements, Statewide Assessments
- Special Ed Advocacy for the Parent, Advocate, and Parent’s Attorney
- Legal, systematic and “school culture” obstacles to compliance with IDEA-04
Contact Phone Number: 336-605-4654, 336-508-4730
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org