The Help Group Summit 2010 Convenes More Than 30 Leading Experts In Autism, Learning Disabilities & ADHD
On Oct. 1st and 2nd, 2010, The Help Group will host its annual Summit: Advances and Best Practices in Autism, Learning Disabilities and ADHD. The renowned experts who will be presenting at Summit 2010 are: David G. Amaral, PhD; Linda Andron-Ostrow, LCSW; Bruce L. Baker, PhD; Jan Blacher, PhD; Deborah E. Budding, PhD; Michael G. Chez, MD; Dana Chidekel, PhD; Pamela Clark, MA; Pamela J. Crooke, PhD, CC-SLP; Marcos Di Pinto, PhD; Jack M. Fletcher, PhD; Peter F. Gerhardt, EdD; Irva Hertz-Picciotto, PhD; Jodi Johnson, MA; Connie Kasari, PhD; Elizabeth Laugeson, PsyD; Philip Levin, PhD; Pat R. Levitt, PhD; Sandra K. Loo, PhD; Maja Mataric’, PhD; David Miklowitz, PhD; Jule Mosk Morris, PhD; Derek A. Ott, MD; Ricki G. Robinson, MD; Edward Roth, PhD; Fred W. Sabb, PhD; Jonathan Sebat, PhD; Judy Van de Water, PhD; Bina Varughese, MS; and Lous Vismara, MD.
These distinguished speakers will bring the latest information to professionals, parents, graduate and undergraduate students on topics such as:
Updates on the Causes of Autism
- How to Help Students with Asperger’s, ADHD and LD succeed in college
- Innovative Technologies for Human-Robot Interaction with Children with Autism
- Current psychopharmacological approaches to the treatment of ADHD
- Addressing Heterogeneity of the Autisms: The Brain-Gut connection
- How to Help Students with Asperger’s, ADHD and LD Succeed in a University Setting
- The Aging Out Process for Students with ASD: A Leap into the Great Unknown
- Sexuality & Sexuality Education for Adolescents & Adults with Autism
- Harnessing the Power of the Internet to Advance Diagnosis and Treatment of Neurodevelopmental Disorders
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 1st, 8:30 am – 5:30pm and Saturday, Oct. 2nd, 8:30am – 12:30pm. Registration begins at 8 a.m.
WHERE: Skirball Cultural Center, 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049
WHO: Summit 2010 Co-Chairs:
Dr. Barbara Firestone,
President and CEO, The Help Group, Chair, Statewide Coordinating Council of Autism Taskforces of the California Senate Select Committee on Autism & Related Disorders and author, Autism Heroes: Portraits of Families Meeting the Challenge.
Dr. Peter Whybrow, Director, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Judson Braun Distinguished Professor & Exec. Chair, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Dr. Robert Bilder , Chief, Medical Psychology-Neuropsychology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Michael E. Tennenbaum Family Professor of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences and Professor of Psychology, UCLA
Summit 2010 Major Sponsors:
First 5 California and First 5 LA
For more information about The Help Group’s Summit 2010, call (818) 779-5212.