Raising Special Kids will be hosting a seminar, The Journey to Adulthood: What Every Parent Should Know, on Saturday, September 11, 2010 in Phoenix. This event will be held at the Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center (SARRC) Vocational Life Skills Academy at 2225 N. 16th St. in Phoenix.
The seminar will cover the following topics:
- Basic information to help your son or daughter with a disability understand the physical, emotional, and social changes of puberty and adolescence.
- How some disabilities impact puberty and adolescent development, and social skills.
- Participants will learn one or more strategies they can use at home.
- Leave the workshop with an action plan listing next steps.
- Learn where you can go for more information.
For more information or to register for the event call Raising Special Kids at 602-242-4366.