The following is a list of workshops that focus on the behavioral aspects of autism that will be offered at the 2010 Autism Society of America Conference, which will take place July 7-10, 2010 in Dallas, Texas.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
- Behavior Modification through the Use of a Service Dog with Karen Shultz, B.S., Nursing and Sally Montrucchio, CPDT
- Building Bridges: Integrating Sensory Processing and Visual Thinking Strategies to Improve Behavior with Carole A. Kaulitz, M.Ed., CCC-SLP and Neatha Lefevre, M.Ed., OTR/L
- Outsmarting Explosive Behavior: A Visual System of Support/Intervention for Individuals with ADS with Judy M. Endow, MSW
- The Concession Process: Understanding Challenging Behavior in Autism Spectrum Disorders with V. Mark Durand, Ph.D.
Friday, July 9, 2010
- Behavior Management and Trauma in Youth with ASD: Intervening without Causing Harm with Sherry A. Moyer, MSW
- Decreasing Behavior Challenges: Less Time Spent Coping is More Time Spent Learning with Patrick Rydell, Dr.
- Ethics in Applied Behavior Analysis with Nina Finkler, M.Ed., LDT/C, BCBA, Anne S. Holmes, M.S., CCC, BCBA, James Ball, Ed.D., BCBA and Cathy Pratt, Ph.D., BCBA
Saturday, July 10, 2010
- Reinforcement: Beyond M&M’s & Token Economies with Karen Umstead, M.Ed., BCBA
- Behavior Training for Parents of Children Who Display High-Intense Behaviors with John Kabot, M.Ed., BCBA and Melissa DeVincentis, M.S., LMFT, BCBA
- A Comprehensive Staff Training Package for Behavioral Interventions for Children with Autism with Kellyn Johnson, B.S., Shahla Ala’I-Rosales, Ph.D., BCBA-D and Nicole Zeug, M.S., BCBA