The following is a list of social skills workshops that will be offered at the 2010 Autism Society of America Conference, which will take place July 7-10, 2010 in Dallas, Texas.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
- Developing Play Skills in Preschool Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders with Jayne Bellando, Ph.D.
- Teaching Play and Leisure Skills Across the Life Span with Evelyn Horton, BCBA
- Designing a Successful Social Skills Summer Camp with Melissa Richardson, M.Ed., Melissa Burson B.S. and Jan Oden, M.Ed.
- Social Dyslexia/Social Thinking with Jane Theirfeld Brown, Ed.D., Michelle Garcia Winner M.A., CCC-SLP, Lorraine Wolf Ph.D., and Pamela J. Crooke, Ph.D. CCC-SLP
- Building Relationships Through Social Connections Throughout Our Lives with L. Lynn Stansberry Brusnahan, Ph.D.
Friday, July 9, 2010
- Addressing Social Anxiety in Social Skills Groups with Kari Dunn Buron, M.S.
- FRIEND Program with Sheri S. Dollin, M.Ed.
- Step-by-Step Instruction: How to Dissect Videos to Teach Social Skills with Jennifer Jacobs, M.S., CCC-SLP
- The Miracle Project: Using Music, Dance, and Drama to Develop Communication, Socialization, Spontaneity, and Dynamic Community for Children and Families with Autism with Elaine Hall
- The Three-Element Social Skill Program: Instruction, Drama, and Technology with Michelle O. Henderson, M.Ed.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
- Implementing Play-Based Social Skill Groups for Young Children Diagnosed with ASD with Kathleen Klein, M.S., OTR, BCP and Mary Kientz, M.S., OTR