The following is a list of workshops for teens and adults with autism that will be offered at the 2010 Autism Society of America Conference, which will take place July 7-10, 2010 in Dallas, Texas.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
- Federal and Corporate Employment for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders with Melody Stevens, M.A., Tracy Hilliard, M.S. and Angela Mackey, M.Ed.
- Teaching Play and Leisure Skills Across the Life Span with Evelyn Horton, BCBA
- When Doors Close: Help Me Find the Windows for Self-Advocacy with Sondra K. Williams, Adult with Autism
- Developing Skill-Building Groups for College Students with ASD with Marc Ellison, M.A., LPC and Kerrie Harris, M.A.
- Supporting the Aging and Medical Needs of Adults with Autism with Anne S. Holmes, M.S., CCC, BCBA and Jamie K. Douglas, M.A.
- Addressing Emotional Self-Regulation Needs That Improve Interactions for Older Learners with ASD with Sherry A. Moyer, MSW
- Building Relationships Through Social Connections Throughout Our Lives with L. Lynn Stansberry Brusnahan, Ph.D.
- Community Inclusion of Adults with Autism: A Review of the Intervention Literature with Linda Bambara, Ph.D., Erin McCurdy, M.Ed. and Anastasia Kokina, M.Ed.
- College Support Program Meeting
Friday, July 9, 2010
- The Self-Directed Transitional IEP: Mapping Measurable Post-Secondary Success with Herm T. Fishbein, Ed.D.
- How to Effectively Use Natural Support Strategies in Employment and Community Settings with Keith Storey, Ph.D., Special Education and Michal Post, M.A., Special Education
- Relationships on the Spectrum: Bridging Differences, Sharing Strengths with Zosia Zaks, M.Ed., CRC and Kristi Sakai
Saturday, July 10, 2010
- AMC Theatres’ Pilot Employment Program with Keith P. Wiedenkeller, SPHR
- Can Your Child Become a Good Driver? with Dennis Debbaudt, Law Enforcement Training, Gerald (Jery) Newport, B.A. and Stephen M. Shore, Ed.D.
- College-Bound Students with ASDs: Making a Successful Transition into Academia with Miller Gore, Dr. and Jessica B. Dunn, M.Ed.
- Preparing Young Adults with Asperger’s Syndrome for the Job Market with Patricia A. Wisocki, Ph.D., June Groden, Ph.D. and Elizabeth Stratis, B.A.
- Speaking for Ourselves: Individuals on the Autism Spectrum Panel with Julie A. Donnelly, Ph.D.
- Professionals on the Autism Spectrum: Insights From Our Careers with Zosia Zaks, M.Ed., CRC and Stephen M. Shore, Ed.D.
- Speaking Bluntly about Sex, Dating and Relationships with Cinder McDonald and Debbie Weidinger